A Good deed is nothing but an investment

Mr. Green was a car mechanic but unfortunately for the last 2 years, he was out of a job. His pregnant wife was working in a restaurant as a waitress. They were expecting a kid in 2 months.


One day Green was walking by the roadside thinking about his current condition, future baby, working wife etc. Suddenly he saw a luxury car parked beside the road and a helpless old lady was looking around to get some help.

Green went near to her car and asked, “May I help you, mam?”

The old lady replied, “One of the tires of my car is punctured and I don’t know how to change it. Can you help me with that”?

Green brought out the reserve tire and replaced it. The lady was very satisfied with him. She told Green, “Thank you. I am very grateful to you. Tell me how can I return you the favor?

“I don’t want anything. If you are able to do some help to someone, never ask anything in return” Green replied and left the place.

The lady was surprised and became emotional. She started her car, drove for a while and after sometimes entered into a restaurant. A waitress approached her. The lady looked into her sad, tired face and understood that the waitress might be in some kind of trouble. She ordered the food.

After eating, the bill came 30 Euro. She gave one 500 Euro note. The waitress went to the counter for the change but when returned to the table, by that time the lady left the restaurant leaving one small paper on the table. The waitress opened it and found something written on it. She read, “Today I have learned this. When you are able to help someone, don’t ask anything in return.”

The waitress was so much delighted. On returning home she told her husband, “I couldn’t sleep worrying about where will we get cot (infant bed) for our kid. Today one lady customer gave me 470 euro tip. Now our problem is solved, isn’t?”

What do we learn from it?

This is very important lesson for us. Sometimes, we hesitate to do something, which is actually good, because there is not frank profit at that time. But we forget that doing good things means we are ultimately investing something for our future. It might come back to us or our future generation or on the judgment day (for the believers). So never stop doing good to others.

A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love- Saint Basil

I have a very favorite video. I bet that you will love it too. It is from YouTube.


Post a Comment

0 Comments